As a member of the W-L Crew team you have a fundraising obligation in addition to dues: return rowers must raise $800; novice rowers $400 (these requirements may be adjusted downwards due to Covid-19 related disruptions).
- Wreath Sales – Wreaths are sold in October and November and are delivered in December. Rowers get some fundraising credit for each wreath sold.
- Friends and Family Letters – Once again a letter will be available to rowers to print and send to friends and families letting everyone know about the great things crew is doing. Additionally this is an opportunity to invite your friends and families to support you and crew with a cash donation. Any donations received will be credited at 100% to the rower indicated.
- Mulch Sales– In January we will begin selling mulch. Returning rowers are encouraged to contact their past customers and solicit orders. We will provide lists to each rower with their past customers. New rowers can be provided with customers who do not have an assigned rower that are in their neighborhood. If the order form has the rower’s name, that rower will get a $4 fundraising credit for each bag sold. All rowers and one parent are REQUIRED to be present on mulch delivery day. Rowers are required to work from 7:30 am until all mulch is delivered. Parents need to volunteer for a morning or afternoon shift for Mulch Madness. You will have an opportunity to sign up for your mulch volunteer job at the mandatory Season Kick-Off Meeting in February.
- Direct Donations – When rowers are selling wreaths and mulch, we encourage them to ask for a cash donation. Any donation received will be credited at 100% to rowers, if the rower’s name is on the order form. Additionally for mulch sales, we will have 2 canvassing dates in January and February where rowers go to neighborhoods in small groups to sell mulch and solicit donations.
Getting Credit for Fundraising
All sales and donations must be entered into the Fund W-L Crew website in order for the rower to get fundraising credit for any sale or donation. Rowers can also use the Fund W-L Crew site to check their progress towards their fundraising goals.
- Logging In – Coaches will provide rowers with their login information for the Fund W-L Crew site. If you have not received your login, make sure you have registered for the team. If you have registered, but still do not have a login, send and email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and copy your coach.
- Credit Card Transactions – The Fund W-L Crew site accepts credit cards for all sales and donations.
- Check & Cash Transactions – Use the the Fund W-L Crew site to enter the customer information. For checks, you will be asked to include the check number. You can either physically deliver the any checks and cash you receive to the Treasurer or send via postal mail to 3033 Wilson Boulevard, Box E541, Arlington, VA 22201. Be sure to include the rower’s name, and the order number on the check and/or a note w-thin the envelope.