Fundraising provides money to buy shells (boats), oars, motorboats and other necessary equipment to help Washington-Lee Crew remain competitive. In addition, the Washington-Lee Crew Boosters provide financial aid, as needed, so all students have the opportunity to participate.
The goal of our mulch fundraiser is to raise that money, while providing a high quality mulch product to our supporters. It is major undertaking involving hundreds of volunteer hours over an entire weekend.
By buying mulch from W-L Crew Boosters you are supporting a truly great and historic Arlington tradition. Of course, there are also practical considerations for buying Washington-Lee Crew mulch. You will:
- Receive a 40% tax deduction for your purchase; donations are 100% tax-deductible
- Get high quality shredded hardwood mulch (harvested in West Virginia) delivered to your home
- Eliminate the need to travel to a big-box store or nursery for mulch
- Spare yourself the time and trouble of lugging heavy bags of mulch
- Avoid making a mulch mess in your own vehicle
The primary means of ordering is online at our site www.fund-wlcrew.com. From here you can pay by credit or debit card. This is the easiest and most convenient way to order and make donations.
Minimum order is 10 bags. But if you don’t need 10 bags, you are always welcome to donate. Donations are 100% tax deductible, while orders are 40%.
We also accept cash or checks. If you wish to order this way, please fill out the order form. 2019 Mulch Order Form
Please act today – Our success on the water depends on your support!