Prior to Winter Conditioning or the First Practice on the Water, the following must be completed:
To be cleared to participate on an Athletic team at Washington-Lee High School, the following guidelines need to be met.
The student must be enrolled at W-L, an HB student whose home school is W-L or an 8th grader who lives within the W-L boundaries.
APS Parent Athletic Participation Agreement and VHSL Physical Form Packet – The Athlete must have a completed both APS and VHSL forms, both of which are available at the W-L High School’s “Athletic Clearing Process” website (below). A new physical is needed for each school year. The physical exam must be completed after May 1st of the beginning of that school year. For example, for the 2011-2012 school year, the physical must take place after May 1, 2011. After it is complete, all these forms must be turned in together to W-L’s Athletic Trainer. Link to forms: http://www.apsva.us/domain/2367
- Swim test passed (must be taken only once, before going on water).
- US Rowing Waiver (Code - X9TXC) to be completed on-line at Season Kick-off Dinner at https://www.regattacentral.com/athletes/
- Emergency Contact Form - To be completed and given to the head coach.
- Registration Form – To be completed and given to Booster organization with paid dues.
- Dues – Each crew team member must pay dues to Boosters.