PLEASE read everything carefully. In order to begin the spring rowing season each athlete, and parent/guardian, must complete all of the following items below. Items 1-6 must be completed for every spring season. #3 (USRowing waiver) must be filled out each calendar year! (If you did it for fall Green Days, you need to do it again now.) Items #2 and #4 [VHSL Physical and Emergency Contacts] remain valid for the spring season if you did them in the summer/fall of the current school year for Green Days or another W-L sport.
- W-L High School Crew Registration Form – Click Here
- VHSL Physical and APS Agreement Form – The Arlington Public Schools Parent Athletic Participation Agreement form must be signed and turned in with the VHSL physical form. Both forms are to be submitted to the Athletic Trainer (turn it in in person, do not mail, do not email, and keep a copy for your own records!). Information about the Athletic Trainer including name, contact information, and location can be found by clicking here. Click Here to Complete
- U.S. Rowing Waiver – This online form is required by all athletes in order to take part in crew. Use the following code X9TXC when completing the process for your athlete. Click Here to Complete
- Emergency Contact Form – Arlington’s Emergency Contact Form must be completed. Click Here to Complete. Once the document is filled out, you may print it and turn it into a coach, or upload it using the form below. (A video at the bottom of the page offers instructions on how to use the forms. Please disregard information pertaining to Green Days- you are already in the right place!)
- Dues -The amount of dues is determined by the W-L Crew Boosters Executive Board. Dues must be paid by no later than the Season Kickoff Meeting in February. See below.
- Team Rules and Guidelines – Athletes and Parents should read carefully, and return the last page of the document, found here: W-L_Crew_Team_Rules_and_Guidelines-v2015 to their coach, or upload using the form below.
- Swim Test – for first time/year rowers only. Athletes must sign up for an upcoming test date. If you miss the dates, contact coach Jess Ward (email@example.com). Sign-up Form
- Early Bird (due January 11): $525
- Regular: $550
- Early Bird Sibling: $475
- Regular, Sibling: $500
Payment by Pay Pal: $16.74 is added to the price of dues to cover the Pay Pal fee we are assessed. So total price at checked out will be $566.74 Click Here to Pay
Payment by Check: Make your check payable to W-L Crew Boosters, Inc.
Payment in Person: At a Boosters’ Meeting (second Thursday of each month in the W-L Library at 7:30pm) or at the February Season Kickoff Meeting. (See calendar for dates.) Click Here for the Calendar
Mail Checks to: W-L Crew Boosters, Inc., Treasurer Teresa Lent, 3718 N. 18th St., Arlington, VA 22207
Sibling Discount: Families pay full dues (outlined above) for the first rower. Dues for siblings are discounted by $50 for each additional rower in the family.
Scholarships: No athlete is turned away for financial reasons! Contact Booster President, Denise Stiegler directly about scholarships.
Swim Tests- Swim test will be held Tues-Thurs., right after school, the two week prior to the start of the season with coach Jess Ward. You will need a swimsuit, towel, and a (very) light pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt (we advise no hood). Please arrive and change promptly, then head out to the pool area no later than 3:30. Wearing the sweats over your swimsuit you must:
- Swim three lengths of the pool (75 yards).
- Then tread water for one minute.
- Finally, after the minute treading water, you will be handed a life jacket which you must successfully put on.
All three items must be completed without touching the sides or bottom of the pool. You may use any stroke to complete the laps. If you have trouble we will help you! So don’t let swimming be a deterrent to joining the crew. (And almost never do boats flip, or people go in the water… this is merely for safety.)
Instructions for how to fill out and upload forms from this webpage: